Five Top Tips - Increasing Leadership Agility
Aug 10, 2016
This week, as part of our ‘Five Top Tips’ series, we take a look at the importance of being an agile leader and provide some tips to help you improve your leadership agility.
Today, we live and operate in a complex and rapidly changing environment, often referred to as Volatile, Uncertain, Complex and Ambiguous (VUCA). In this environment, it is important that leaders are agile and able to adapt and respond quickly to changing circumstances, role modelling the behavior to allow those around them to also remain agile.
Fives ways to increase your leadership agility include:
• Regularly update your knowledge of your business and the environment you operate within.
• Keep a clear head – use mindfulness techniques to help provide you with clarity.
• Understand how to inspire and lead change.
• Be self-aware – ensure you have a good understanding of your own capabilities and emotions and how they impact on others.
• Understand how to recognise signals in your market place.
The above areas are an extract from our brand new Agile Leader Programme. The programme focuses on assessing and developing competency to enable sustained agility within leadership and teams, delivered by commercially astute trainers, who have their finger on the pulse of the current business climate. To find out more about this workshop, please contact us.
We hope you find these tips useful. Feel free to share your own tips and techniques being more agile. Please share on Twitter using #awberyfivetoptips